Now that the issue of Child Soldiers, and #stopkony has become National attention- what ELSE are you going to do? Far too often elements of significance that undergo massive recognition, become backburner news almost immediately. The research is nigh impossible, but I’d be curious to know- how many movements died because of this “Day 2” syndrome? Sex trafficking, slavery, child soldiers deployment, tyranny and the like have been around for CENTURIES. It is a global virus. I implore you to research … everywhere.
In a media frenzied age, we now have access to information regarding anything on the planet within seconds. Do not be afraid to deeply examine this Ugandan travesty- the government isn’t exactly a circle of angels framed in refracted sunlight. Some of us were aware prior to the video going viral- some are new to the game. Regardless- we ALL know now. We all have responsibility. And that responsibility supersedes regions… it is a responsibility to JUSTICE. … and that means we can’t be ignorant.
The price is far too high.
I, for one, will definitely be more vocal. Expect links to vids, articles, orgs, etc… —> #WeRJustice <— Truth is vital to justice. Without it, our motions are just soundless applause. Shrieks into a void. Physically draining… but ultimately pointless. We NEED truth. Exposure. And to break this mindset that we lack the tools to make a global impact. Stop and think- what three major things has #stopkony taught us? A) Creativity is our greatest resource. B) As a UNIT we have direct access to the president, and subsequent national change. C) Belief is not only key, but imperative. Without belief- there is nothing. No firming of resolve. No fortitude. Instead of being a boulder, we become dirt clots- blown to dust the minute the winds of opposition rush our way.
Saints- we have the 1-up… we bear the influence/guidance of the Holy Spirit, and the power of Jesus Christ pulses through our veins. We hold within us not just the purified passion of the heart of God towards the implementation of justice- but also the necessary power to make it happen. How many times has God advocated for justice in the Bible?? Here are a few.
– “He executes justice for the orphan and the widow, and shows His love for the alien by giving him food and clothing.” ~Deuteronomy 10:18
– “If I sharpen My flashing sword, and My hand takes hold on justice, I will render vengeance on my adversaries, and I will repay those who hate Me.” ~Deuteronomy 32:41
– “God and upright is the Lord; He instructs sinners in the way. He leads the humble in justice, and He teaches the humble His way.” ~Psalm 25:8,9
– “He will have compassion on the poor and needy, and the lives of the needy He will save. He will rescue their life from oppression and violence, and their blood will be precious in His sight.” ~Psalm 72:13,14
– “To do righteousness and justice is desired by the Lord more than sacrifice.” ~Proverbs 21:3
– “The exercise of justice is joy for the righteous, but is terror to the workers of iniquity.” ~Proverbs 21:15
– “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; Seek justice, reprove the ruthless, defend the orphan, plead for the widow.” ~Isaiah 1:16,17
– “… Thus He looked for justice, but behold, bloodshed; For righteousness, but behold, a cry of distress.” ~Isaiah 5:7
– “He has told you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?” ~Micah 6:8
– “Therefore the law is ignored justice is never upheld. For the wicked surround the righteous; Therefore justice comes out perverted.” ~Habakkuk 1:4
– “A battered red He will not break off, and a smoldering wick He will not put out, until He leads justice to victory. And in His Name the Gentiles will hope.” ~Matthew 12:21,22
– “… for You were slain, and purchased for God with Your blood men from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth.” ~Revelation 5:9,10
This denotes us as leaders. Dreamers. Believers. Warriors.
Not for ourselves or any manifestation of vainglory, but for righteousness and justice. THIS is the true fight.
“Nothing can happen physically without it happening spiritually first.” ~Pastor Kelvin Truitt
Our war is first against darkness.
Never forget that the crimes of a twisted people, are the manifestations of a twisted/perverted spirit. … In a word? PRAY. Three more after that? THEN TAKE ACTION. And maintain the integrity of your own soul throughout this process (this applies to me too). We practice not perfection, but excellence. Spend every minute of your life making war on Satan, by spending every minute glorifying God….. even if that means just smiling. Laughing. Spending time with people. Building relationships. Honing your art. Pursuing your true dream…. Don’t indulge the things of darkness- practice light. Elevate your morals, standards, perspective, actions- your very quality of life.
To borrow a phrase from a group called “High Societies” (thisishigh.com)….. LIVE HIGH!!
Only a changed people, can change a people.
God bless you all, and may the light of Christ freely advance before us.